The following are the accounts of my late mother, Rosita Zamora, way back in 2001 before she passed away.
Although at that time, my mother was already 89 years old, she still had very sharp mind and I am sure that most of her accounts were very accurate. But should there be some inaccuracies, please rectify using the Comments box.
Please have a look at the following and kindly post a message below or at the Zamora Cayabyab Facebook page at http://facebook.com/zamoracayabyab so we can “get together” even if only online.
GABRIEL ZAMORA & TEODORA BIAG
My mother could trace her roots only to her parents (she did not remember her grandparents, unfortunately).
Her parents are Gabriel Zamora, originally from Barrio Kapaya, Angeles Pampanga, and Teodora Biag of Barrio Lawy, Capas, Tarlac.
Gabriel’s siblings were: Francisca (married to a Biag), Jose, Narciso, Catalina (married to an Espinosa), Saturnina (married to Rufino Cayabyab), and Antonia (married to Simplicio Manaloto). Note: One time, my mother was also telling me that Apung Gabriel also had a brother named Vicente who was married to a Dela Peña of Barrio Manga. Perhaps someone can confirm this?
Teodora’s siblings were Simeon, Hilaria, and Marciano.
Gabriel and Teodora had nine children:
1. Leon (married to Caridad Dimarucut)
2. Atilano (married to Marcelina Canlas)
3. Eliseo (married to Demetria Dimatulac)
4. Rosita (married to Rogaciano Cayabyab)
5. Rosalina (married to Mariano Tiglao)
6. Mariano (married to Rosario Yalung)
7. Paula (married to Basilio Soliman)
8. Antonina (married to Servillano Guerrero)
9. Loriano (married to Sophia Sinanguinan)
Other children of Gabriel Zamora: Mando (married to Maria Quitalig) and Hilario (married to a Tanglao).